APRIL 2023 | What’s in this issue?
- WORKING REMOTELY? 7 ASPECTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE CHANGING CITIES
- ONWARD! 9 WAYS DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY IS IMPACTING REAL ESTATE
- WHAT’S NEW? 5 INTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS FOR 2023
Working Remotely? 7 Aspects to Consider before Changing Cities
If your profession allows you to work remotely, you’re part of a trend many see as fortuitous.
Analysts say 25% of all jobs in North America were remote by the end of 2022, and remote opportunities are expected to grow again this year.
In response, 5 million remote workers in the U.S. opted to change their cities of residence between 2020 and 2022, with 19 million more expected to follow suit. And many are apparently happy with the results; one poll found that 82% of Americans who moved in 2020 “changed their lives for the better.”
If you’re among those considering such a move, here are elements about your potential new city you may wish to consider.
- Job market. Does your new city offer employment options in the event you change jobs or can no longer work remotely?
- Real estate market. Is appropriate housing available and affordable?
- Projected cost of living. How will everyday expenses compare to those you’re now managing?
- Climate and environmental characteristics. Factoring in your health, are you OK with the area’s weather conditions, flora and fauna and other natural elements?
- Family amenities. How are area schools? Opportunities for fun and leisure? Avenues for meeting new friends?
- Social and cultural norms. Is there diversity? Are most people there liberal or conservative? Friendly and open, or cautious about meeting new people? Will you fit in, or feel like an outsider?
- Potential for personal growth. Might the new place allow you to reinvent yourself and/or create the life you’ve always wanted?
Onward! 9 Ways Digital Technology is Impacting Real Estate
In this digital age, it’s increasingly important for real estate buyers and sellers to embrace (or at least understand) new technology tools. Consider how hugely these nine elements of technology are impacting the market as we move through the 2020s.
- AI is driving broader, more efficient data gathering, and blockchain is making that data more objective.
- AVMs (automated valuation models) are combining statistical modeling with historical databases to better calculate real estate values in real time.
- Machine learning is optimizing data to point investors to profitable properties.
- Live video is key to communications, marketing, touring, sales, asset management, etc.
- 3D video creates efficiency by empowering buyers to peruse homes online, pre-tour.
- Rental management and other software tools automate multiple tasks for better efficiency.
- Environmental and safety concerns are using smart technology for better energy efficiency and cleanliness.
- Digital communications that help limit human contact are popular, especially for routine interactions and/or problem-solving.
- Texting allows for ultra-fast communications and immediate responses.
What’s new? 5 Interior Design Trends for 2023
Vogue points to the following:
Calming earth colors, including mauves, peaches, reddish browns and warm whites
Silver and iron accents
Neoclassicism: focus on detailed, symmetrical lines
Mosaic and terrazzo kitchens and baths